Mon – Fri : 9.30am – 4.00pm, 8.00 pm to end of revenue service.
Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays : All Day
LTA GENERAL GUIDELINES
Cyclists are responsible for the safe carriage of their foldable bicycles and must stay in the vicinity of their foldable bicycles at all times.
- Foldable bicycles should be FOLDED AT ALL TIMES in the MRT/ LRT stations, bus interchanges/ terminals and on trains and buses.
- Foldable bicycles should not exceed 114cm by 64 cm by 36 cm when folded.
- The wheels of the foldable bicycles should be wrapped up if they are dirty or wet.
- Protruding parts likely to cause injury or dirty/ damage property should be covered up.
- Foldable bicycles should not block the aisles and doors or impede commuters’ movement at any time.
- Foldable bicycles should be carried in an upright position.
- When travelling by train, cyclists should use the first or last car, which is usually less crowded.
- Cyclists should use the lifts and wide fare gates at MRT/ LRT stations where these are available.
- Foldable bicycles are not allowed on the upper deck of a bus or on the staircase leading to the upper deck. Only one foldable bicycle is allowed on each bus at any one time.
SMRT/ SBS Transit station staff and bus drivers may disallow foldable bicycles if the actual situation within an MRT/ LRT station, bus interchange/ terminal or on board a train/ bus does not permit foldable bicycles to be admitted safely and without inconveniencing other commuters.
Cyclists of foldable bicycles may approach SMRT/ SBS Transit staff if they require any assistance.
The public can share their views on this scheme by contacting LTA via 1800-CALL-LTA (1800-2255 582), email@example.com or SMS “77LTA” (77582).
Can I bring my bicycle on board trains and buses?
If your bicycle is foldable, you may bring it on our trains and buses. It should be folded while on board. You are responsible for its safe carriage and must not leave it unattended at any time. Your bicycle should also be folded at all times in the MRT/LRT stations, and bus interchanges/terminals.
Note: Station staff and bus drivers may not allow foldable bicycles if a situation does not permit them to be admitted safely and without inconveniencing other commuters.
Can I bring my foldable bicycle on board anytime?
For the comfort of all passengers, your foldable bicycle can be carried onboard during the following times when our trains and buses are less crowded: Mondays to Fridays, 9.30am – 4.00pm and 8.00pm to the end of passenger service, and all day on weekends and public holidays.
Are there specific train cars for foldable bicycles?
You are encouraged to use the first or last car which is usually less crowded.
How many foldable bicycles are allowed on the bus?
Only one foldable bicycle is allowed at any one time.
Is there a size limit?
Yes, your bicycle should not exceed 114cm by 64cm by 36cm when folded.
Are there guidelines on the condition of my foldable bicycle?
The wheels should be wrapped up if they are dirty or wet. Protruding parts, which may cause injury or dirty/damage property, should be covered up.
Where can I leave my bicycle when I’m on the train or bus?
You can leave it anywhere as long as it does not block aisles and doors or make it difficult for passengers to move. To minimise use of space, carry it in an upright position.
What else should I take note of?
Use lifts and wide fare gates at MRT/LRT stations, where available. Do approach the SMRT station staff or Service Leader if you need help.